Health Safety Specialist I
- Assist with the implementation of the company safety program (policies, training, procedures, inspections/audits, etc) for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develop, publish and maintain site Safety Policies & Procedures (PPE, Lock-out/Tag out, Emergency Response, etc.) that reduce exposure to team members and property.
- Create and deliver training for team members to minimize risk for work-related injuries and positively impact performance.
- Participate in the plant Safety Committee to ensure maximum involvement of committee members and impact of initiatives.
- Investigate safety incidents to determine the cause and identify if the incident could have been or can be prevented in the future. Interview team members to learn about work environments and incidents that lead to accidents or injuries. Evaluate the effectiveness of corrections to remedy incidents/accidents.
- Identify potential hazards by routinely inspecting facilities, machinery and safety equipment. Make recommendations and provide potential solutions.
- Effectively partner with vendors and agencies to facilitate inspections and audits for continued improvement.
- Participate in review and installment of new machinery and equipment or process modifications to ensure all safety requirements are in place.
- Assist site HS Manager, and point of contact for HS issues within area of responsibility. Assist operations management and supervision in understanding applicable regulatory and company standards, directives, guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client’s needs and make sound recommendations for implementation
- Assist in training and educating plant team members and supervisors in safety matters.
- Effectively communicate, empathize, and reason with people in situations that are often sensitive and stressful.
- Action Oriented: Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning; identifies and seizes new opportunities; displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times; steps up to handle tough issues
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives; represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas; partners with others to get work done; credits others for their contributions and accomplishments; gains trust and support of others
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Decision Quality: Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information; relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions; considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles; recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice
- Demonstrates Self Awareness: Reflects on activities and impact on others; proactively seeks feedback without being defensive; is open to criticism and talking about shortcomings; admits mistakes and gains insight from experiences; knows strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits
- Drives Results: Has a strong bottom-line orientation; persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks; has a track record of exceeding goals successfully; pushes self and helps others achieve results
- Instills Trust: Follows through on commitments; is seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; practices what he/she preaches; shows consistency between words and actions
- Values Differences: Seeks to understand different perspectives and cultures; contributes to a work climate where differences are valued and supported; applies others’ diverse experiences, styles, backgrounds, and perspectives to get results; is sensitive to cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Safety, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of safety experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or a Master’s Degree in Health & Safety or related field no experience necessary.
- OSHA 10 and 30 hours certified preferred
- Safety certification such as ASP or CSP preferred
- Experience in union facility preferred
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.