IT Graduate Program - Developer: Full Stack
Volvo Group IT Graduate Program – Your ticket to a world of opportunities.
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions with about 100,000 employees, production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter. Together we move the world.
Information about the Volvo Group IT Graduate Program:
The Volvo Group IT Graduate Program gives you a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Volvo Group IT and to kick-start your career through international assignments, work in different parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment.
The program runs for 11 months starting in end of August 2019 and will include 6 countries. The program includes a combination of common and individual graduate activities and day-to-day work at the home department. It also consists of common development activities at different locations globally, where the participants meet and network.
The program also includes learning activities in your home organization and active participation in several data science related assignments.
During the program you will participate in training sessions covering fundamental Group concepts, such as diversity, personal development, project management, cross cultural communication etc.
Developer - Emerging Technology and Architecture
Center Of Excellence
The Center Of Excellence unit mission is to
- Support enterprise-wide re-use of IT methods, tools, solutions, competence and deliveries where beneficial
- Build and quickly ramp up knowledge and scalable IT technology adoption in emerging technology areas with broad applicability
Emerging Technologies & Architecture
The purpose of Emerging Technologies & Architecture CoE is to support Volvo Group in the digital transformation journey and drive strategic IT priorities in the emerging technologies area.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer - Emerging Technologies & Architecture US
In this role you will be reporting to the Manager, CoE - Emerging Technologies & Architecture US, Volvo Group IT.
We are looking for a recent graduate, within 2 years, who wants to be part of new regional team being established from the ground up. This individual will be part of a team that enables business transformation / digitalization within Emerging Technologies & Architecture, and has the ability to work across Truck Divisions/Business Areas (TD/BA) and IT in a collaborative manor.
This individual will cooperate with various delivery teams, and apply creative problem solving using both existing and new technologies in a changing environment. Therefore, we value an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge the organization.
This individual needs to have a passion for, a strong technical aptitude for, and ability to apply technology with speed, quality, and customer value in mind.
As Developer - Emerging Technology & Architecture US you will be responsible for developing PoCs (Proof of Concepts), Techwatch, Coaching other developers on best practices, and Partnering with other delivery teams and stakeholders to ensure their success.
- Build own expertise in emerging technology & architecture trends through training and self-study. Build and quickly ramp up knowledge in new technology areas with broad applicability.
- Responsible for suggesting solutions & proposals for transformation within and across Truck Divisions/Business Areas and Solution Units through Technology Consulting
- Do pre-solutioning/prototyping & PoCs to support ideation to implementation with a measurable impact in the emerging trends to demonstrate value add
- Sharing of best practices, recommend tools & process within area of responsibility ensuring compliance with critical standards, technologies and trends
- Look out for new technology & emerging trends in the Industry and prepare to reduce the lead-time for scalable technology adoption in emerging technology areas
- Deliver to development activities with other parts of the organization and outside partners as required
Education and Skills requirements:
Eligible candidates must be recent (2017/2018) or expectant (May 2019) graduate. Visa sponsorship is not offered for this role; therefore, US work authorization is required.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related area. Strong preference for Master's degree.
- Maximum of two years post-graduation work experience.
- Previous related experience through internship or business sponsored student project.
- Genuine interest for applied technology
- Collaborative, Creative, and Innovative mindset
- Ability to positively challenge current solutions and ways of working and identify quick wins/opportunities
- Experience in a cross functional and multi-cultural environment a plus
- Relevant Technology experience in Emerging technology and Architecture areas is an added advantage
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are a requirement
- Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
Required technical competencies
- Front end – experience and exposure to one or more:
- Mobile: iOS, Android, React Native, etc.
- Back end – experience and exposure to one or more:
- .Net, Java, Xcode
- Database – experience and exposure to one or more:
- Relational databases – SQL, Oracle, SQLite, MySql, etc.
- NoSQL – MongoDB
- Other – experience and exposure to one or more:
- Git, Jenkins, TFS
- Cloud – Azure, AWS, Heroku
- IBM Watson, UX, AI, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality
Curious and have specific questions regarding the IT Graduate Program or this role? Please send an email to VolvoNAITGraduateProgram@volvo.com
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
process de recrutement
Une confirmation vous sera envoyée par e-mail dès que vous aurez soumis votre candidature. Par la suite, vous pourrez toujours mettre à jour votre profil personnel.
Si vous êtes sélectionné(e) pour un entretien, vous serez informé(e) des étapes suivantes du processus : deuxième entretien, tests de personnalité et d’aptitude et prise de références
Tous les candidats seront informés de l’issue de leur candidature, lorsque le candidat / la candidate le (la) plus pertinent(e) aura été retenu(e). Si vous le souhaitez, nous pouvons conserver votre CV dans notre base de données. Vous pouvez également vous créer une alerte, vous permettant de recevoir directement dans votre boîte mail les nouvelles offres d’emploi correspondant à votre profil.
Lors de votre arrivée au sein de l’entreprise, vous suivrez un processus d’intégration qui vous aidera à rapidement faire partie intégrante de l'équipe et à commencer votre mission dans les meilleures conditions possibles.