First Line Manager, Operational Support
Who are we?
Service Market Logistics (SML) is an organization within Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO) that ensures all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence, utilizing LEAN tools. In Service Market Logistics, our employees design, manage and optimize the supply chain of aftermarket parts for all Volvo Group brand dealers – including Mack Trucks, Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Penta and several Volvo Bus brands.
What is the job?
As a member of the Regional Distribution Center (RDC) Management Team, the First Line Manager, Operational Support drives continuous improvement activities in order to meet organizational performance targets. The First Line Manager, Operational Support will also champion and support the development of the LEAN culture in the organization, all while modeling the behavior of an inspirational leader to engage and motivate teams. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Implement change through standardized work processes while using the 4 step training approach
- Use robust problem solving methods to determine root causes for deviations and work to solutions
- Perform Inbound First Line Manager, Outbound First Line Manager, and Site Manager functions as needed
- Manage all maintenance, clerical and administrative functions for the Regional Distribution Center (RDC) ensuring inbound and outbound teams have the support they need to run an efficient operation
- Accountable for the operational support performance, ensuring all KPI are tracked consistently and accurately.
- Build strong network with corporate resources internally and externally that can support achieving site objectives
- Work with colleagues, managers and main stakeholders to develop action plans for short and long term sustainability of the RDC
- Take the lead to provide analytical support to the RDC team to support root cause analysis on defined issues leveraging corporate resources as needed
- Coordinate and ensure compliance of (Operational Development/Volvo Production System, ISO9001, and ISO4001) programs and communicate information to team
- Secure built in quality and work with customer feedback in order to constantly improve quality of the deliveries
- Learn and master Volvo warehouse management systems
- Support all project activities as directed by the RDC Manager
- Manage vendor account relationships for account payables and daily operations
- Support overall timekeeping and attendance tracking, ensuring SAP and other systems are kept updated
- Assist with attracting, hiring and developing talent for new as well for existing employees
- Set plans and challenge teams to achieve higher results
- Formalize and implement best practices through shared learnings via networking, benchmarking and outside sources
- Establish and develop strong relationship with all staff members
- Ensure safety targets are met and related policies are respected in the operation
- Ensure environmental policies are followed and maintained
- Support a strong problem solving culture with everyone all-in
- Use sound judgment to ensure the end customer is satisfied
- Lead the maintenance of office and industrial equipment for peak performance
- Maintain compliance with company policy/procedures as required
- Promotes the Volvo Group values and culture
You are a skilled operations professional with a minimum of 5 years of experience in distribution, manufacturing or logistics. We would also prefer that you bring 2 or more years of experience in a managerial or supervisory role and hold a Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business, engineering or a similar field. Other qualifications we are seeking:
- Proven skills in developing people; coaching and shaping a high-performing team
- Strong leadership skills using an inclusive style of coaching
- Significant change management experience with the ability to set demanding targets; and then motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones
- Strong Knowledge in Lean Principles through formal training preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
Our Service Market Logistics team is dynamic and offers the unique opportunity to support all North American Volvo Group brands. Our work is challenging and rewarding as we help the Volvo Group fulfill its mission of “driving prosperity through transport solutions.”
We also offer:
- Health insurance
- Vision and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous ETO (Earned Time Off) plan
- 401k with matching
- Outstanding, values-driven work culture
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We willen u leren kennen
zodra u uw inschrijving bevestigt, zal u een bevestigingsmail ontvangen. Hierna is het nog steeds mogelijk om uw profiel aan te passen.
Als u geselecteerd wordt voor een interview, zal u over de volgende stappen worden geïnformeerd: een tweede interview, assessments en referenties.
Alle kandidaten worden op de hoogte gebracht wanneer een kandidaat voor de functie wordt geselecteerd. U kunt ervoor kiezen dat wij uw cv in onze database bewaren en u kunt een zoekagent activeren die op zoek gaat naar andere vacatures die overeenstemmen met uw profiel.
Wanneer u start, ontvangt u een introductie om snel deel uit te maken van het team en uw nieuwe job te starten op de best mogelijke manier.