Co-op: Vehicle Features (Ride/Handling/NVH)–Mechanical Eng (Fall 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Vehicle Features group as co-op on Mechanical Engineering. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Features, Verification and Validation within GTT (prototype area), the student will have the opportunity to work directly with different engineering areas. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Vehicle Features Group Manager.
1.With proper training from test engineers and technicians, learn to perform sensor installations, cable wiring and instrumentation hook-up.
2.Support data acquisition hardware installation and system configuration, as well as trouble shooting for Ride Comfort, Handling test and NVH.
3.Support data reduction and post digital signal process for data analysis.
4.Develop scripts and macros for automated Ride Comfort, Handling and NVH reports creation.
5.Collaborate with other working groups on common goals.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Mechanical Engineering (Master student preferred) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Enjoy problem solving. Strong motivation to learn about and to work with trucks will be a plus.
- An aptitude for Mechanical Measurement, Analysis and/or testing is a plus.
- Engineering mechanics, vehicle dynamics with focus on ride comfort, handling and vehicle stability.
- Experimental lab experience with basic understanding on principle of instrumentation and sensors. Basic knowledge on accelerometers, string potentiometers, Inertial Measurement Units.
- Good computer skills on programming & numerical method for engineering calculations, interest in digital data processing, including MatLab/Python.
- Must receive college credit or academic transcript notation for co-op.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We willen u leren kennen
zodra u uw inschrijving bevestigt, zal u een bevestigingsmail ontvangen. Hierna is het nog steeds mogelijk om uw profiel aan te passen.
Als u geselecteerd wordt voor een interview, zal u over de volgende stappen worden geïnformeerd: een tweede interview, assessments en referenties.
Alle kandidaten worden op de hoogte gebracht wanneer een kandidaat voor de functie wordt geselecteerd. U kunt ervoor kiezen dat wij uw cv in onze database bewaren en u kunt een zoekagent activeren die op zoek gaat naar andere vacatures die overeenstemmen met uw profiel.
Wanneer u start, ontvangt u een introductie om snel deel uit te maken van het team en uw nieuwe job te starten op de best mogelijke manier.