Co-Op: Vehicle Geometry Architect Engineer (Spring 2021)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Geometry Architecture department. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Geometry Architecture department within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the group manager of the Geometry Architecture department
- Serves in a training and development capacity for more complex and productive assignments
- Assists experienced Geometry Architects in performing investigations in support of Start Cost projects
- Perform Engineering tasks using established procedures
- Initial phase of training and development within area of assignment
- Proficient use of equipment, instrumentation and software/hardware used within area of assignment
- Entry level performance issues with task-oriented, less complicated assignments
- Miscellaneous assignments as training and abilities progress
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience using a major 3D CAD software preferred (preferably Creo/ProE)
- Graduate students preferred
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We willen u leren kennen
zodra u uw inschrijving bevestigt, zal u een bevestigingsmail ontvangen. Hierna is het nog steeds mogelijk om uw profiel aan te passen.
Als u geselecteerd wordt voor een interview, zal u over de volgende stappen worden geïnformeerd: een tweede interview, assessments en referenties.
Alle kandidaten worden op de hoogte gebracht wanneer een kandidaat voor de functie wordt geselecteerd. U kunt ervoor kiezen dat wij uw cv in onze database bewaren en u kunt een zoekagent activeren die op zoek gaat naar andere vacatures die overeenstemmen met uw profiel.
Wanneer u start, ontvangt u een introductie om snel deel uit te maken van het team en uw nieuwe job te starten op de best mogelijke manier.