Director of Business Control
Service Market Logistics supply chain gives you a good opportunity to understand how the Volvo group works from supplier to customer. With us, you can push your own professional skills and drive change together with committed people.
The scope for Service Market Logistics (SML) includes Transport Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center operations, Customs & Trade as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
As a part of the Global extended Business Control team, you are there to drive business performance in order to realize the Service Market objectives of the Volvo Group. In cooperation with colleagues in business areas around the world, we enable change; we do this by steering the organization to the most profitable long and short term decisions.
Our Operations include the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, Mississippi, eight Regional Distribution Centers across North America, Material Planning, Service Center, and Transportation operations in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Director Business Control has the responsibility to:
- Provide management and other stakeholders with qualified analysis, clear reporting and competence regarding freight costs and operational costs. To highlight deviations and challenge where needed.
- Lead the business control team in the region.
- Manage the processes, tools and instructions of business control in the region.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Govern the financial steering model of SML within the Region
- Secure the closing and forecasting process in order to achieve good forecast precision
- Perform qualified analysis and ensure understanding about cost development in order to trigger the right actions both in the areas of operational expenses as well as freight costs
- Provide good management reporting such as BRM (Business Review Meeting) material
- Drive financial investigations and follow up
- Coordinate the Regional SCOS (Standard Cost of Sales) process including the Regional handover to the Business Areas
- Coordinate investment processes within the management team and secure good forecast precision
- Follow inventory development in close cooperation with other parts of the organization
- Be part of the Regional project steering committees, from a Regional perspective, including the finance stream of the SCM (Supply Chain Management) program
- Support “lean thinking” in the management team and the entire organization
- Promote cross functional cooperation to ensure the end to end approach
- Work with continuous improvement
- Close cooperation with the Global SML Cost Deployment team along with making sure that the Regional Cost Deployment team is a strong support to the cost deployment initiatives
- BS in Accounting or related field. Advanced degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in a global environment; 5 years in a similar field
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate financial information in a clear and concise way.
- Customer oriented, open minded, flexible and ability to work simultaneously with a wide range of tasks in a structured manner and deliver according to promise.
- You have a lot of energy, courage and drive to develop and influence people around you to always do their best, be innovative and accountable to deliver. You are a team player.
- Having a good understanding of the Volvo Group Business, the service market and the challenges in an international environment is an asset.
- In a Group that values customer success, trust, passion, change and performance, you hold a strong personal credibility and integrity.
- Knowledge of Essbase, SAP, Power BI and QlikView.
- Experienced user in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We willen u leren kennen
zodra u uw inschrijving bevestigt, zal u een bevestigingsmail ontvangen. Hierna is het nog steeds mogelijk om uw profiel aan te passen.
Als u geselecteerd wordt voor een interview, zal u over de volgende stappen worden geïnformeerd: een tweede interview, assessments en referenties.
Alle kandidaten worden op de hoogte gebracht wanneer een kandidaat voor de functie wordt geselecteerd. U kunt ervoor kiezen dat wij uw cv in onze database bewaren en u kunt een zoekagent activeren die op zoek gaat naar andere vacatures die overeenstemmen met uw profiel.
Wanneer u start, ontvangt u een introductie om snel deel uit te maken van het team en uw nieuwe job te starten op de best mogelijke manier.