Team Leader, Warehouse (Regional Distribution Center)
Mission and Purpose of the Position
- As a member of the Operations Leadership Team, support continual improvement activities to meet desired organizational performance targets
- Support the development of the continuous improvement (LEAN) culture in the organization
- Model behavior the behavior of a high performing employee
- Implement change through standardized work processes while using the 4 step training approach
- Use robust problem solving methods to determine root causes for deviations and work to solutions
- Responsible for one of the operational areas within RDC Inbound, Outbound, or Operations Support.
- Accountable for team performance in terms of SQDCEP in his/her area
- Responsible for improving safety and ergonomics in assigned areas
- Increase safety culture via regular GEMBA walks and safety dialogue.
- Document and report all safety accidents and near misses to Supervisor. Support analysis and corrective actions as requested.
- Support a lean operation using VPS (Volvo Production System) mindset and tools (5S, problem solving, standardized work)
- Lead daily VPS meetings with assigned team reporting on business and site specific performance and areas for improvement.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are in place and being followed. Support development or improvement of procedures as needed.
- Assist with root cause analysis and help to implement a continual improvement mindset
- Assist supervisors in monitoring team’s performance to ensure daily goals are met
- Support overall timekeeping and attendance tracking of the team
- Replace team members when they are absent or on other assignment as per supervisor direction.
- Assist supervisors toward motivating team members to improve performance
- Assist team members when issues arises (quality, productivity, etc.) leading improvement teams as needed.
- Ensure adherence to environmental policies and procedures
- Assist supervisors with the identification of training needs for experienced team members and facilitate the training of new team members and temporary employees
- Empower teams through the approval and implementation of ideas using the idea generation process
- Support Supervisor to develop improvement plans for assigned area that contribute to the overall DC improvement roadmap
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the area supervisor or manager
- Promotes the Volvo Group values and culture
- Minimum 2 to 5 years relevant experience in a similar function in distribution/manufacturing or logistics required
- Knowledge in Lean Principles through formal training preferred
- Proficient in MS Office preferred
- Customer focused: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer relationship: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both success and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Self-development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different approaches; works to develop strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We willen u leren kennen
Zodra u uw sollicitatie bevestigd, zal u een bevestigingsmail ontvangen. Hierna is het nog steeds mogelijk om uw profiel aan te passen.
Als u geselecteerd wordt voor een interview, zal u over de volgende stappen worden geïnformeerd: een tweede interview, assessments en referenties.
Alle kandidaten worden op de hoogte gebracht wanneer een kandidaat voor de functie wordt geselecteerd. U kunt ervoor kiezen dat wij uw cv in onze database bewaren en u kunt een zoekagent activeren die op zoek gaat naar andere vacatures die overeenstemmen met uw profiel.
Wanneer u start, ontvangt u een introductie om snel deel uit te maken van het team en uw nieuwe job te starten op de best mogelijke manier.